Non-Immigrant Visa "B" and "IB"

Non-Immigrant Visa "B" and "IB"

วันที่นำเข้าข้อมูล 6 Jun 2021

วันที่ปรับปรุงข้อมูล 20 Jul 2022

| 4,427 view

Non-Immigrant Visa

Category “B” and “IB”

These types of visas are issued to applicants who wish to conduct business in Thailand (Business) or work as teacher (Teaching) or work in Thailand (Working).

Documents required:

1. Passport and one copy of your passport with validity not less than 6 months.

2. One visa application form completely filled out (black and blue ink only).

3. One passport-size photograph (2″x2″). The photograph must have a light color background with a full- face view of the person without wearing a hat or dark glasses and covering up shoulders. The photo must be taken within 6 months.

4. Flight confirmation/reservation, showing going from origin country to Thailand and leaving from Thailand. (The name of the applicant must be indicated clearly).

5. Recent bank statement with the amount of no less than 700USD per person or 1,500USD per family. The name of the applicant must be indicated clearly. In case of submitting family bank statement a proof of relationship (i.e., birth certificate, marriage certificate) must be provided

6. (For Business) Letter from applicant’s company indicating the applicant’s position, length of employment, salary, purpose of visit(s) to Thailand and length of stay in Thailand.

7. (For Business) Letter of invitation from trading or associated partners/ companies in Thailand indicating length of stay (period of stay) and purpose of visit (s) to Thailand.

8. (For Working) Letter of approval from the Ministry of Labor or Thailand’s Board of Investment (BOI). To obtain this letter, the company in Thailand is required to submit a request with respective Thai Government agency.

9. (For Working / Business) Corporate documents of associated partners/companies in Thailand.

10. (For Teaching) Letter of acceptance from an institution in Thailand.

11. (For Teaching) Evidence of educational qualification such as a copy of diplomas /teaching certification or copies of transcript

12. (For Teaching) A copy of school (in Thailand) license or business registration, list of shareholders and school profile.

13. (For Teaching) For applicants who are going to teach at schools not listed as recognized International Schools, a copy of letter of approval from the Office of the Private Education Commission is required.

14. (For Teaching) A letter from the local police or government authority stating that the applicant has no criminal record.

15. Copy of the yellow fever certificate of vaccination.

Visa Processing Fees: 80 USD (Single Entry) or 200 USD (Multiple Entries).

Validity of a visa3 months (Single Entry) or 6-12 months (Multiple Entries) from the date of issuance.

Period of Stay: 90 days

Extension of stay: Those who wish to stay longer or may wish to change their type of visa must file an application for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau located on Soi Suan Plu, off South Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10120, Tel (662) 287-3101 to 10 or at The extension of stay as well as the change of certain type of visa is solely at the discretion of the Immigration officer.

Note: The Embassy reserves the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary and also reserve the right to reject any application without having to provide reason.


1. Visa processing fees are non-refundable and subject to change without notice.

2. In case of bank transfer, visa processing fees do not include service commissions that the banks may charge the applicants or the Embassy. Therefore, applicants might be requested to pay for those service commissions on top of the visa processing fees.

3. In case of visa application by post, the Embassy bears no responsibility in case of loss of passports due to postal/courier services. There is either no guarantee whether a visa will be granted or whether the visas granted will be utilized. In any cases, consequently, no compensation can be claimed or granted from the Embassy.

4. Visas granted must be utilized within the period of validity of such visa. The length of stay and requests for extension in Thailand will be determined by the Immigration Bureau.

* * * * * * *